Top 5 Eating Habits to Heal the World
1. Support local growers, be it through farmer’s markets, farm-fresh food box deliveries or just keeping your eye out for local labels at the grocery store.
2. Go vegetarian or reduce meat/dairy intake–meat production uses up to 20 times as much energy as growing grain.
3. Choose fair-trade coffee, sugar, chocolate and anything else you can find fair-trade so you can be sure you’re not supporting “sweatshops in the fields”.
4. Buy certified organic to avoid pesticides and spare waterways, wildlife and workers troubled encounters with toxic pesticides.
5. Pass on resource-intensive, packaging-heavy fast food and heavily processed junk.