From Milk Factory to Table in Ten Easy Steps!
- Artificially inseminate a cow
- Inject antibiotics into a cow (because corn fed cows have E-Coli)
- When the cow gives birth to a baby, take the baby away (ya, okay, so the mother’s gonna mourn and cry for 5 days…)
- Sell the calf for $300 for veal ($10 if the calf is sick from malnutrition from not drinking it’s mother’s milk) or kill it by hitting it with a hammer (normal practice) and leave it to die for up to 48 hours
- Milk the cow for six months while it lactates (that milk was supposed to be for the calf you killed)
- Pasteurize the milk to kill the E-Coli and Salmonella bacteria.
- Bottle the milk and pour down the drain any excess milk you produce (the Milk Industry/Board has quotas).
- Ship the milk to the store.
- Buy the milk.
- Feed the milk to you and your kids (with the antibiotics in it and the side effects).
If this upsets you and you don’t want this to occur, simply pick the first step you’re actually involved in today and stop doing it. That actually breaks the cycle.
Need alternatives (they taste different but one of these you’ll like):
- Soy Milk
- Almond Milk
- Rice Milk
- Hemp Milk